Our Air-conditioning System in School Hall
How did the air-conditioning system project become a reality?
- It was the result of the hard work of the Parents-teachers Association (PTA), Alumni Association (AA), teachers and students in 1999-2000.
- The poor ventilation of the school hall had long been a problem, especially in summer when the heat affected students taking examinations and participating in activities held in the hall.
- In May 1999 the PTA decided to raise fund for the project. Mr. HUI Siu-ming, PTA Chairman & alumnus, and Mrs. Law Yan Siu-kam, Vice-Chairman, took initiative to launch the project.
- A sequence of fund raising activities were held, namely, the ‘Alumni-nite’ organized by the AA, a Walkathon by the PTA and a sale of Raffle Tickets. A total of $37,000 was raised by the PTA and another $27,000 by the AA.
- Thanks to Mr. Tsui Tak-wah and a number of alumni, whose professional opinions and close supervisions during the installation work brought the project to a smooth and perfect completion.
- Thanks also to parents, alumni, teachers and students, whose support enabled the project to be a great success.
Opening Ceremony of Air-conditioning System in school hall by Mr. Matthew K.C. Cheung, J.P., Director of Education (2000)at the 35th SGSS Speech Day